National Archives at Chicago
7358 South Pulaski Road
Chicago, IL 60629
Record Group 24, Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel
- Reports on Naval Reserve Training Activities in Indiana, 1923-1925. 1 box and 3 volumes.
- Records of the Naval Reserve Midshipmen's School, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1941-1945. 105 legal-size boxes.
- National Archives Microfiche Publication, M1617, Logbooks of U.S. Navy Ships (Nominal), 1801-1947.
- Deck Log of USS Sable, 8 May 1943-7 November 1945. 42 Microfiche.
- Deck Log of USS Wolverine, 13 August 1942-7 November 1945. 51 Microfiche.
Record Group 26, Records of the U.S. Coast Guard
- Field Unit Records, Region V
- Unit Logs of Vessels and Shore Facilities, 1937-1983
- Life Saving Station Logs (Chicago and Cleveland Districts), 1877-1941
- Ninth Coast Guard District, Cleveland, Ohio
- Vessel Folders, 1938-1972. 2 feet.
- Regionalized Record Series (Entries described in NC-31)
- Description of Light Sites for the Fourth and Eleventh Districts, ca. 1875, 1900. 1 legal-size box. Entry 68 (Only lighthouses on Lake Michigan are included.)
- Journals of Shipwrecks, 1840-1933. 1 oversized box. Entry 81
- Letters Sent by Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, and Thirteenth Districts, 1881-1941. 7 legal-size boxes. Entry 229
- Wreck Reports of Stations, 1882-1920. 23 legal-size boxes. Entry 241B
- Marine Inspection Office, St. Ignace, Michigan
- Documented Vessel Files, 1974. 3 feet.
- Marine Safety Detachment, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Original or Initial Vessel Inspection Files, 1958-1962. 2 boxes.
Record Group 181, Records of Naval Districts and Shore Establishments
- 9th Naval District, Great Lakes, Illinois, Office of the Commandant
- Miscellaneous Correspondence, 1913-1929. 225 feet.
- Central Subject Files, 1929-1953. 254 feet.
- Glenview Naval Air Station and Naval Air Reserve Training Command, Glenview, Illinois
- Central Subject Files, 1942-1957. 397 feet.
- Blueprint Drawings Relating to Hangar 1, 1926-1969. 169 blueprints.
- Great Lakes Naval Training Station, Great Lakes, Illinois, Office of the Commandant
- Central Subject Files, 1914-1939. 198 feet.
- Reports and Exhibits Relating to the Survey of Facilities and Training at the Training Station, 1918. 5 inches.
- Orders, Circular Letters, and Memoranda, 1940. 1 inch.
- Weekly Bulletin of the Training Station (Great Lakes Bulletin), 1937. 1 inch.
- Registers of Attendance of Enlisted Men at Weekly Inspections, n.d. 2 inches.
- Station Journal, 1935-1943. 10 inches.
- Patrol Log, 1936-1941. 2 inches.
- Officer of the Day Log, 1937-1941. 5 inches.
- Log Books, 1936-1941. 1 feet.
- Main Gate Log, 1940-1943. 10 inches.
- Industrial Manager, Chicago, Illinois
- Central Subject Files, 1943-1947. 5 feet.
- Mound City Naval Station, Mound City, Illinois
- Letters Sent, 1873. 1 inches.
- Rock Island Naval Reserve Division, Rock Island, Illinois
- Correspondence, Reports, Muster Rolls, Pay Vouchers, and Other Records, 1924-1943. 13 feet.
- Bureau of Construction & Equipment, Washington, DC
- Letters From Chief of Bureau to Commanding Officer, Boston Navy Yard, January 4, 1853 to June 3, 1857. Loc: 913372
- Naval Research Unit
- Medical Research Small Project Files, 1949-1962. 1 foot.
Record Group 270, Records of the War Assets Administration
Records of Regional Offices in Cincinnati and Chicago, 1940-1952
(Includes Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and parts of Iowa, Kentucky, western Pennsylvania, and South Dakota)
Real Property Disposal Case Files
Included are records that relate to the disposal of property at naval air stations, light stations, shipyards, and naval ordnance plants.
Record Group 291, Records of the Federal Property Resources Service, Chicago Regional Office
Real Property Disposal Case Files
Included are records that relate to the disposal of property at lighthouses, light stations, Coast Guard stations, naval ordnance plants, and naval air stations.