- This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC) and naval history. It is provided as a public service by the NHHC. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Naval History and Heritage Command and naval history to the general public.
- All information on this site is in the public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- If a user chooses to send email to the site webmaster or other Command email address, any contact information that is provided will be solely used to respond to the request and not stored
- If a user chooses to opt our of persistent cookies, please follow the link here and follow the instructions provided http://usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml
Published: Wed Mar 04 14:48:58 EST 2015