Approximately 2500 commands are required to submit CORs annually. Archivists review reports in the order received for content, data integrity, and accessibility. A received receipt is sent after a report has been completely reviewed. This method allows archivists to send only one email that simultaneously verifies receipt, provides suggestions for improvement, and asks clarification questions about the report. Thank you for your patience.
CORs are due every year on March 1st and must contain text and attachments that reflect all command activities during the previous calendar year.
Our COR FAQ page offers substantial guidance on preparing and submitting CORs.
Please Note The Following:
- Unclassified COR materials must be submitted via NIPR to NHHC_COR@navy.mil. Classified materials must be sent via SIPR to NHHC_COR@navy.smil.mil.
- Based on guidance from Naval Reactors (NR), all NPW CORs regardless of classification level must be submitted via SIPRNet to NHHC_COR@navy.smil.mil. This includes all COR submissions for SSN, SSBN, SSGN and CVN commands.
- Only digital submissions to include email, FTP, and CD will be accepted, unless the material is TS/SCI. Only original digital materials should be submitted. Please do not submit scanned copies of the COR or the supporting materials. Command approval for the completed COR can be shown by CCing the CO or XO on the submission.
- The large file transfer system AMRDEC SAFE is no longer available for use. If your command would like to submit COR materials via a file transfer system, please use DoD SAFE: https://safe.apps.mil/.
NHHC is currently completing the revision of OPNAVINST 5757.1, the Instruction that will govern the Command Operations Reports (CORs) program. Unfortunately, this new Instruction has not yet been finalized. In the interim, commands can continue to use OPNAVINST 5750.12K CH-1 and its corresponding template to prepare and submit their 2019 reports. This website will be updated with the new Instruction, OPNAVINST 5757.1, and its matching template when they are finalized. A message to the fleet will go out simultaneously.
NHHC asks that commands adhere to the following upcoming changes for the COR Instruction, regardless of the template used or when the report is submitted.
- Every command with a Unit Identification Code (UIC) will continue to submit their own report. However, commands with 25 or fewer full-time employees – military, civilian, and contractor combined – can have their ISIC submit on their behalf.
- Please use the updated COR template provided below for your command’s COR submission. This version clearly identifies the Command Data section as the place to list any subordinate commands included as part of the annual report submission.
- NHHC not only accepts but encourages classified submissions. Commands should strive to document the full range of their operations within their annual report.
Guidance and Submission Forms:
Command Operations Report Template (Word)
OPNAVINST 5750.12K CH-1 (pdf download 564 KB)
Information for Decommissioning and Disestablishing Commands
Point of Contact:
For additional assistance regarding the writing and submission of Command Operations Reports, please email NHHC_COR@navy.mil or NHHC_COR@navy.smil.mil, or call (202) 433-9873.
For questions regarding research or requesting past copies of CORs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please consult our directory for questions and concerns regarding other offices within the NHHC Archives Branch.