1 June, 1918.
1. Books may be obtained from the several libraries as hereinafter specified. No books
will be issued except in exchange for a receipt, except those specified.
2. Class 1, Ship's Library; case open.
Class 2-19, Ship's Library; application to Navigator's yeoman.
Ship's War Library; - case open.
Officers Text Books; - case open.
Crew's Library; open Monday and Wednesday, 3:45 to 4:15 p. m., in port, 3:00 to 3:30 p. m., at sea;
Saturday, 1:00 to 2:00 p. m.
Crew's War Library; same as above.
3. Books may be kept for a length of time as follows, and may be renewed for the same length of time: -
Class 1, Reference books, Ship's Library; to be returned as soon as they have fulfilled their immediate
purpose; no receipt required.
Class 1, Crew's Libraries and classes 2-19, all Libraries, 1 month.
Class 20, Fiction, all libraries, 7 days.
4. Books must be either turned in or presented to Navigator's yeoman for renewal on the latest date stamped on one of the pages near the cover. It is necessary to take care of the books since a new supply can be obtained but once a year. No books not in readable condition should be issued. The person, in whose possession a book is when found in bad condition, will be held responsible.
5. Failure to comply with these regulations will deprive the offender of the use of the libraries.