December 13, 1941
||Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
||Offensive Measures on Seven December.
||(a) Cincpac Confidential despatch 102102 of December 1941.
(b) Cincpac Confidential despatch 072230 of December 1941.
- This vessel was in operating area during action of seven December.
- No contacts were made with the enemy.
- Upon the first intimation of the attack this vessel went to General Quarters and immediately raised steam on all boilers and cut in same on main line. The antiaircraft battery was kept fully manned and the ship in condition Yoke.
- An air search was conducted covering sector 150° to 180° to 150 miles from Pearl Harbor in accordance with reference (b).
- This vessel investigated enemy contacts reported to southward of Oahu as directed by Commander Task Force EIGHT and reported negative results to him.
- This vessel joined Task Force ONE upon completion of its sortie from Pearl Harbor.
Source: Enclosure (E) to CINCPAC action report Serial 0479 of 15 February 1942, World War II action reports, Modern Military Branch, National Archives and Records Administration, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD 20740.