The Navy retained the name carried by this vessel at the time of her acquisition.
(S. P. 93: tonnage 34 (gross); length 70'0"; beam 14'6"; draft 2'1"; speed 12.5 knots; complement 7; armament 1 3-pounder, 2 machine guns)
Zumbrota, a motor boat built in 1914 at Port Clinton, Ohio, by the Matthews Boat Co., was acquired by the Navy on 11 August 1917 from circus entrepreneur C. E. Ringling, of Sarasota, Fla., for service as a section patrol vessel. Assigned the identification number S. P. 93, Zumbrota was commissioned on 11 August 1917.
Zumbrota was assigned to the Seventh Naval District and operated out of Key West, Fla. She conducted local patrols for the duration of the war. Redesignated as a district patrol vessel, YP-93, in 1920, she continued her operations in the waters of the Seventh Naval District until decommissioned on 5 November 1926.
Stricken from the Navy list three days later, the boat was sold to the Thompson Fish Co., of Key West, on 3 May 1927.