The Coast Guard cable ship Yamacraw (WARC-333), formerly the Navy minelayer Trapper (ACM-9). She was originally built to plant and tend controlled defensive minefields for the Army's Coast Artillery Corps, which was responsible for such mine operations until the function was transferred to the Navy in 1949
Trapper (ACM-9) (q.v.) was transferred to the Coast Guard in 1948 and was renamed Yamacraw (WARC-333). In 1959, she was returned to the Navy and was commissioned as Yamacraw (ARC-5).