(MB: t. 5; l. 33'6"; b. 9'0"; dr. 2'6" (mean); s. 9.5k.)
The second Wanderer, a motor boat built in 1913 at Norfolk, Va., by Craig Bros., and owned by R. F. Barret of Norfolk, was acquired by the Navy for service as a section patrol boat. Inspected at the 5th Naval District on 13 April 1917 and designated S. P. 2440, Wanderer was placed in commission on the same day. She operated on local and section patrol duties for the duration of the war and was returned to her owner on 30 December 1918.