(SP-679: dp. 223; l. 92'; b. 22'; dr. 13', s. 10 k.; cpl. 19; a. 2 1-pdrs.)
Pennsylvania R. R. No. 9 (S. P. 679), a tug, was built by Wm. R. Trigg, Richmond, Va. in 1904; acquired by the Navy in September 1917; and delivered 18 September. She was placed in service four days later.
After fitting out, Pennsylvania R. R. No. 9 served as a minesweeper and tug in New York Harbor. She remained active until 2 January 1919, when she was returned to her owner.