Former name retained.
Migrant (IX‑66) was built in 1929 by Geo. Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass.; acquired from Carl Tucker by the Port Director, New York for the Navy, 21 March 1942; converted by the Sullivan Shipyard, Brooklyn, N.Y.; and commissioned 19 May 1942, Lt. R. B. Metcalf, USNR, in command.
Acquired originally for use in the 3d Naval District, the schooner Migrant was assigned to the eastern sea frontier following her conversion and commissioning. Until the spring of 1944 she conducted antisubmarine patrols from New York, along the southern New England coast. Transferred 30 April 1944 to the 1st Naval District at Boston, she conducted ASW patrols along the northern New England coast for the remainder of her Navy career.
Migrant, ordered inactivated in June 1945, decommissioned at East Boston 3 August. Struck from the Naval Register 10 days after decommissioning, she remained at East Boston until 6 January 1946 when she was turned over to the War Shipping Administration for disposal.