LST-325 was laid down on 10 August 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 27 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. G. C. Wells; and commissioned on 1 February 1943, Lt. Ira Ehrensall, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-325 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Sicilian occupation in July 1943 and the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She was decommissioned on 2 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 September 1961. On 1 September 1964, LST-325 was transferred to Greece as grant aid where she remained active as Syros (L-144).
LST-325 earned two battle stars for World War II service.