(SP-60; t. 17; l. 57'3"; b. 10'10"; dr. 3'3"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 9; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 .30 cal. mg.)
A former name retained.
Little Aie, a motor yacht, was built in 1915 by Smith & Williams Co., Salisbury, Md.; acquired by the Navy under free lease 5 April 1917 from her owner, John P. Wetherill, Jr., Philadelphia, Pa.; enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 17 April 1917; and taken over and commissioned 25 April 1917 at Philadelphia, Lt. (j.g.) John P. Wetherill, Jr., USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 4th Naval District, Philadelphia, Little Aie patrolled the Delaware River and Delaware Bay from Camden, N.J., to Lewes, Del.; and, Cold Spring, N.J. She served as dispatch boat in Philadelphia harbor as well as guarding submarine nets. Departing Philadelphia 28 July 1918, she steamed along the Atlantic coast to Key West, Fla., where she arrived 30 August for section patrol duty with the 7th Naval District.
Serving as patrol, dispatch, and target towing craft, she operated in the Florida Keys and along the gulf coast to Tampa and Boca Granda, Fla. Departing Key West 1 December, she arrived Philadelphia 30 December, decommissioned 25 January 1919, and was returned to her owner the same day.