(AK-192: dp. 2.382; l. 338'6"; b. 50'; dr. 21'; s. 12 k.; cpl. 87); a. 13", 6 20mm.; cl. Alamosa; T. C1-M-AV1)
A county in Pennsylvania.
The second Lehigh (AK-192) was laid down under a Maritime Commission contract by Walter Butler Shipbuilding Co., Superior, Wis., 8 June 1944; launched 25 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Stanley Butler; acquired by the Navy 30 July 1945; placed in service the same day for ferrying from Beaumont to Galveston, Tex.; placed out of service on the 31st; and commissioned at New Orleans 13 September 1945, Lt. George Kotnick in command.
Because of the reduced need for cargo ships following World War II, Lehigh decommissioned 6 November 1945 and was turned over to the WSA the same day.