Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
  • Boats-Ships--Frigate
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials

Inglis (DE-525)

(DE-525: dp. 1,140; l. 289'5"; b. 35'1"; dr. 8'3"; s. 21 k.; cpl. 156; a. 3 3", 4 1.1", 9 20mm., 2 dct, 8 dcp., 1 dcp. (h.h.); cl. Evarts)

A British name.

Inglis (DE-525) was launched 2 November 1943 by Boston Navy Yard, Boston, Mass., accepted and transferred to Great Britain under Lend-Lease 12 January 1944. This and other Evarts-class DE's formed the Captain class in the Royal Navy and played a vital part in Allied antisubmarine operations in the Atlantic. Inglis was returned to the Navy 20 March 1946. She was sold to C. B. Baldridge, Bay, Ohio, in September 1947 and subsequently scrapped.

Published: Tue Apr 19 21:18:58 EDT 2016