(SP-545 : t. 23 ; l. 60'; b. 12'6"; dr. 4"; s. 11 k. ; a. 1 mg.)
The 43d State of the Union, admitted in 1890.
The third Idaho (S. P. 545), a motor boat, was built in 1907 by Stearns & McKay, Marblehead, Mass. ; acquired from her owner, W. W. Vensel of Pittsburgh, in June 1917 ; and commissioned at Cape May, N. J., 12 July 1917, Chief Quartermaster W. H. Naylor, USNRF, in command.
Idaho was assigned to the 4th Naval District for patrol and general duties, serving on harbor entrance patrol and submarine net patrol in the Cape May and Philadelphia areas. She was out of commission during the winter of 1917-18, and finally returned to her owner 30 November 1918.