Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Canary

A small finch.

Canary (AMC-25), formerly John G. Murley, was acquired by the Navy on 24 October 1940, and following conversion, was placed in service on 19 June 1941 in the 4th Naval District. On 10 January 1944 she was re-classified YDT-7 and thereafter attached to the 5th Naval District for assignment in connection with diving, torpedo, mine and antisubmarine programs. She was transferred to the Maritime Administration in June 1948.