(SP-198: tonnage 157; length 140-; beam 17-1-; draft 8-; depth of hold 9-6-; speed 14 knots; complement 18; armament 1 3-pounder, 2 machine guns)
Reposo II was originally built in 1882 as the private yacht Sophia; subsequently renamed Empress; and rebuilt during 1902 by Greenpoint Const. Co., Greenpoint, Long Island, N.Y., and reregistered as Onondaga. Subsequently bearing the names Turbese and Reposo II, she was acquired 7 April 1917 by the U.S. Navy and commissioned about 21 May 1917, Lt. W. S. Harris in command.
Reposo II patrolled the coastline between Key West, Fla., and Brunswick, Ga., into 1918. From May to December 1918 she remained at anchor in the Charleston Navy Yard, decommissioning there on 24 December 1918. Reposo II was sold 8 August 1919 to John Pelly of Brooklyn, N.Y.
23 September 2005