(Screw Steamer: tonnage 4,200 (dw.); length 287-5- (between perpendiculars); beam 45-2-; draft 20-9-; speed 10 knots)
Built by Jan Smit, Albasserdam, Holland, and launched in 1912, Randwijk (No. 2546), owned by Erhard & Dekkers, was placed in the Naval Overseas Transportation Service and commissioned 2 April 1918. However, prior to active service, Randwijk was returned to the Shipping Board on 23 April of the same year.
16 September 2005