(SP-171: dp. 12.5; l. 60'; b. 10'; dr. 118'; s. 22 k.; a. 1 3-pdr., 2 mg.)
Investigation; pursuit; search.
Quest (S. P. 171) was built in 1916 by the Greenport Basin and Drydock Co., Long Island, N.Y., for Lt. Comdr. Daniel Bacon. She was chartered by the Navy 26 July 1917; and commissioned 8 September 1917, Quartermaster Henry J. Baker, USNRF, in command.
Quest was assigned to the 2d Naval District and performed section patrol duty out of New Bedford until returned to her owner 7 January 1919 at Greenport, N.Y.