(StwStr: t. 177; l. 158'; b. 30'; dph. 4'; a. 2 20-pdr. r., 1 12-pdr. r., 6 24-pdr. how.)
Partial retention of former name.
Collier, a stern wheel steamer, was purchased as Allen Collier 7 December 1864 from John Swasey, Cincinnati, Ohio; outfitted at Mound City, Ill.; and commissioned 18 March 1865, Acting Master J. F. Reed in command.
Collier patrolled in the Mississippi River and its tributaries until 29 July 1865 when she was decommissioned at Mound City. She was sold there 17 August 1865.