Photographed from the top of the Washington Monument, looking west, in 1943-44. The Lincoln Memorial, Potomac River and Memorial Bridge are in the distance. In right center are the Main Navyand Munitions buildings, showing the fourth stories built atop their wings during the early 1940s and the tenth wing (Zero Wing added to the eastern end of Main Navy at about that time. Temporary buildings on the Washington Monument grounds, in the foreground, were occupied by the Bureau of Ships. Those to the left of the Reflecting Pool held the Bureau of Supplies and Accounts. Official U.S. Navy Photograph, now in the collections of the National Archives.