A turbine driven torpedo, designed by M.F.M. Leavitt, an engineer at E.W. Bliss Co. Alcohol was mixed with super heated compressed air to provide motive power for turbine. Navy adopted this torpedo circa 1904 and used various models of it for the next 22 years.
Copied from an original negative held by Naval Underwater Systems Center Newport Rhode Island
Naval History and Heritage Command