(American Freighter, 1918) Afloat immediately after launching, at the Skinner & Eddy Corporation shipyard, Seattle, Washington, 14 October 1918. Photographed by Frank H. Nowell, 1212 Fourth Avenue, Seattle. This ship acquired by the Navy on 23 November 1918 and placed in commission as USS West Eldara (ID # 3704). She was returned to the U.S. Shipping Board on 4 June 1919. The original print is in National Archives' Record Group 19-LCM. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.