(American Freighter, 1917) Probably photographed while underway on trials off Seattle, Washington, in December 1917. Built by the Skinner & Eddy Corporation, of Seattle, and initially named War Flame, this ship was acquired by the Navy and commissioned as USS West Haven (ID # 2159) on 18 June 1918. She was returned to the U.S. Shipping Board on 21 June 1919. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.