Aerial views of the Naval Ordnance Plant & related facilities:
- 4 views of the Naval Torpedo Station taken circa 1920.
- 1947 view of the entire Alexandria waterfront showing location of NOP facilities.
- 5 views taken in 1947 of NOP housing projects (Cameron Valley and Chinquapin Village) and their vicinities in western Alexandria.
CAPT Bradford Bartlett with other persons at the Naval Ordnance Plant, 1947-1949
- visit from the Mayor, William T. Wiggins
- providing VIP tours (plant and machinery can be seen)
- presenting & receiving awards
- various personnel and supervisors
Health and safety affairs at the Naval Ordnance Plant, 1947-1949
- Red Cross blood donor program
- use of eye protection for eye injury protection
-presentation of safety award
Athletics and Christmas activities at the Naval Ordnance Plant, 1947-1949
- Presentation of trophies
- CAPT Bartlett bowling
- collection and distribution of Christmas toys
Naval Ordnance Plant banquets (some in conjunction with Naval Gun Factory)
Parade in Alexandria, VA
-14 photos of military marching
City of Alexandria, Bicentennial celebrations, September 17, 1949
-placement of a time capsule (fabricated by NOP shops) by flagpole of a local football field
-arrival of President Harry Truman; along with Bartlett and other in stands (at football game or parade).
Copy of March 15, 1949 edition of Naval Gun Factory Log newspaper featuring articles on Naval Gun Factory and Naval Ordnance Plant.
For associated textual materials, please visit the donated personal papers collection of RADM Bradford Bartlett