Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

View of Fort Niagara From the British Side

A lighthouse on a hill looks across the river to a fort
Description: Engraving, by Hewitt, 1812, Framed Dimensions 14H X 17W
Accession #: 38-002-C
Related Content

The French first built a fort on the site of Fort Niagara in 1678.  Forts on the site also saw action in the French and Indian War and the American Revolution.

Topic
Document Type
  • Art
Wars & Conflicts
  • War of 1812 1812-1815
File Formats
  • Image (gif, jpg, tiff)
Location of Archival Materials
  • NHHC