(ScStr: dp. 330; l. 125'7"; b. 21'2"; dr. 6'5"; s. 13 k.)
Southport, a screw steamer built in 1911 at Boston, Mass., was being operated by the Eastern Steamship Lines when she was chartered by the United States Navy on 14 November 1918. Commanded by Boatswain H. J. Devoto, the ship was assigned to the 1st Naval District in which she served as an ambulance boat. Southport was returned to her owner on 15 November 1919.