Skip to main content
Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
  • DANFS (Dictionary of American Fighting Ships)
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Caliph

1917-1918

Former name retained.

Caliph (No. 272), a motor boat free leased to the Navy in May 1917, was placed in service in the 4th Naval District where she performed patrol duty until December of that year. Caliph was commissioned on 1 April 1918 and assigned to duty with the District Communication Superintendent at Marcus Hook. She was decommissioned on 2 December 1918 and returned to her owner.

Published: Wed Mar 08 15:38:10 EST 2023