U.S. Naval Training Center, Women's Reserve, The Bronx, New York
First chow is served by the Red Cross at the Hunter College campus, as the facility is placed in service as the basic training center for Navy and Coast Guard women, 8 February 1943. WAVES and SPARS inspected the new quarters and participated in the ceremonies. Official U.S. Navy Photograph, now in the collections of the National Archives.