View on board, looking aft from the bow, while the ship was in New York Harbor on 15 May 1942. Note her forward 5/38 gun mounts, with 5 powder canisters stacked on deck nearby; and Mark 37 gun director, with FD radar antenna, atop the pilothouse. The tug Robert Aikman and a Navy covered lighter (YF) are alongside. Fort Richmond, on Staten Island, is visible in the right distance. Photograph from the Bureau of Ships Collection in the U.S. National Archives.