LST-245 was laid down on 7 May 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 17 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Conrad L. Walker; and commissioned on 22 August 1943, Lt. Matthew J. McCabe, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-245 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Saidor occupation-January and February 1944 Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-February 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landings-March 1944
Hollandia operation-April and May 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation-June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation-July 1944
(d) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
(e) Morotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Mindanao Island landings-April 1945
Balikpapan operation-June and July 1945
LST-245 was decommissioned on 1 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 15 April 1948, she was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal.
LST-245 earned eight battle stars for World War II service.