Washington Navy Yard, District of Columbia Quarters B, circa 1950, when it was the residence of the Navy Yard Superintendent. The oldest of the Yard's buildings, it was remodeled in 1801, from the original farm house on the site, to be the quarters of the Yard's Second Officer. Its rear wall originally formed part of the Navy Yard's eastern boundary. View looks about southeast. In the background are Building 157, home of the Naval Gun Factory Optical Shop (at left), and Building 220 (center). U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.