Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

NH 1671 Naval Observatory

Naval Observatory
Title: Naval Observatory
Caption: Buildings erected in 1844 located from 23rd to 25th Sts NW, from E St NW to Potomac Park, Washington City, to house the Depot of Charts and Instruments and the Naval Observatory. On 1 August 1866, the name of the depot was changed to Navy Hydrographic Office and relocated to Octagon House. The Naval Observatory remained at this location until 1893.
Description:
Catalog #: NH 1671
Copyright Owner: Naval History and Heritage Command
Original Creator:
After this Year:
Before this Year:
Original Medium: Engraving, BW Photo
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Photograph
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
  • Image (gif, jpg, tiff)
Location of Archival Materials