View looking south from Building # 1, showing the trophy gun park in the foreground, with coal piles and the sheer crane beyond, circa 1866-69. Most of the guns visible are former Confederate pieces, many of which were still on exhibit at the Washington Navy Yard in the year 2001. The monitors Mahopac (center) and Saugus (right) are laid up in the Anacostia River, in the background, with their turrets still painted as they were in 1864-65. Courtesy of Robert A. Truax, 1978. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.