View looking south down Dahlgren Avenue from atop the Main Entrance (Latrobe Gate), circa 1900. Large structure at right is the North Gun Shop (Buildings 40 and 41), with the South Gun Shop and Breech Mechanism Shop (Building 76) beyond it. The Commandant's Office (Building # 1) is at the foot of Dahlgren Avenue. Leutze Park is at left, with Building 57 at its southern end. Courtesy of Lawrence Gichner, 1978. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.