View of the large ordnance storage yard in the northwestern part of the Navy Yard, taken by Brady & Company in June 1866. There are many types of guns present, among them mortars, rifled guns and large Dahlgren type smoothbores. Note the partially buried old guns used as decorative posts and the large number of projectiles stacked by the building at left. The photograph looks east and slightly north from just west of the present (1997) Building 143. The present Building 33 is in the right background, with Building 22 to its left. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.