A bay on the gulf coast of Florida and a sound on the southern coast of Georgia. Earlier gazetteers listed both bodies of water as "St. Andrew's," but modern sources give "St. Andrew."
CVE-107, projected as a Commencement Bay class escort carrier, was assigned the name St. Andrews Bay on 23 September 1943. Her keel was laid on 29 November 1943 by the Todd-Pacific Shipyards, Inc., Tacoma, Wash., but she was renamed Gilbert Islands (CVE-107) (q.v.), on 26 April 1944.