(SP-403: dp. 178; l. 120'; b. 20'4" ; dr. 7'3" ; s. 10 k.; a. 1 1-pdr.)
A former name retained.
Helen Euphane, a Menhaden fishing boat, was built by E. J. Tull, Pocomoke City, Md., in 1902; purchased from her owners, Eubank Tankard Co., Kilmarnock, Va., 23 May 1917; and delivered 5 June 1917. Her first commanding officer was Lit. (j.g.) Rowland G. Foster, USNRF.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District as a minesweeper and patrol boat, Helen Euphane, based at Norfolk, operated in Hampton Roads and lower Chesapeake Bay until she was sold back to her original owners 15 April 1919.