Skip to main content
Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials

Guinevere II (IX-67)

(IX-67: dp. 503; l.195'; b. 32' 6"; dr. 15')

A former name retained.

II

Guinevere (IX-67), an auxiliary schooner, was built by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1921, and acquired from her owner, Edgar Palmer of New York, 24 March 1942. She commissioned 16 June 1942 at Brooklyn, Lt. Henry H. Anderson in command.

After brief shakedown, Guinevere performed harbor patrol at Boston, escorted newly formed convoys out to sea, and periodically sailed to patrol off the coast of Greenland. She decommissioned 2 August 1945 and her name was struct from the Navy List 13 August. She was transferred to the Maritime Commission for sale into private ownership 25 April 1946.

Published: Mon Jul 13 18:27:50 EDT 2015