(Monitor: t. 479; l. 177'; b. 50'; dr. 5'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 100; a. 2 11")
Cities in Ohio and Georgia.
Marietta, a light draft, single‑turreted, ironclad, screw monitor, was laid down in the summer of 1862 by Tomlinson and Hartupee, Pittsburgh, Pa.; launched as a gunboat early in December 1864; completed 16 December 1864; and accepted by the Navy 25 April 1866. She was never commissioned. Soon after her acceptance Marietta was laid up at Mound City, III. Renamed Circe 15 June 1869, the gunboat carried that name only until 10 August, when she was again named Marietta. Remaining at Mound City, Marietta was sold 12 April 1873 to David Campbell.