The Navy retained the name carried by this vessel at the time of her acquisition.
(S.P. 314; tonnage 298; length 150'; beam 22'; draft 8'6"; speed 10.4 knots (trial); complement 38; armament 2 1‑pounders)
M.M. Davis, a single-screw wooden-hull fishing vessel completed in 1912 at Wilmington, Del., by Jackson & Sharpe, was acquired by the Navy from the C. E. Davis Packing Co., on 7 April 1917 for service as a minesweeper in the waters of the Fifth Naval District, out of Norfolk, Virginia.
Stricken from the Navy Register on 1 May 1919, M.M. Davis was sold to her original owner on 1 July 1919 and continued in merchant service until 1934.
Updated, Robert J. Cressman
30 November 2020