(SP‑1213: t. 424; l. 134'6"; b. 26'; dr. 16'; s. 11.5 k.; cpl. 40; a. 1 3", 2 mg.)
A village and fishing resort on Long Island, N.Y., near Montauk Point, the eastern extremity of New York.
The third Montauk (S. P. 1213), ex‑Luckenbach No. 3, was built in 1899 by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia, Pa.; purchased by the Navy from the Luckenbach S.S. Co., 12 October 1917; and commissioned 6 December 1917. Assigned to the 3d Naval District, she operated out of New York as a seagoing tug until 6 December 1919, when she was put up for sale. She was sold 21 May 1920 to the Bisso Towing Co.