Lexington II (S. P. 705)
(SP-705: t. 21; l. 65'4"; b. 11'8"; dr. 5'; s. 13 k.; cpl. 10; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 .30 cal. mg.)
A former name retained.
Lexington II, a motorboat, was built in 1911 by New York Yacht, Launch & Engine Co., Morris Heights, N.Y.; chartered by the Navy 13 July 1917 from her owner, Dale B. Fitler, Philadelphia, Pa.; taken over 22 July 1917; and commissioned 23 July 1917 at Camden, N.J.; Chief Boatswain's Mate Dale B. Fitler, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 4th Naval District, Philadelphia, Lexington II was enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 26 July. During the war she served as dispatch and section patrol boat out of Philadelphia as well as guarding submarine nets in the Delaware River. Her patrols carried her into the lower reaches of the Delaware River to Delaware Bay and through the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal to Chesapeake Bay. After the Armistice, Lexington II decommissioned 21 November 1918 at Philadelphia and was returned to her owner 23 November 1918.