(Str: dp. 22,000; l. 677'6"; b. 77'4"; dr. 28'; s. 17.5.)
Former name retained.
Kaiserin Auguste Victoria, formerly a German ship, was built in 1905 by Vulcan at Stettin; taken over by the Navy after the Armistice; and commissioned at Paullac, France, 15 February 1919, Captain Frank Evans in command.
Kaiserin Auguste Victoria was assigned to NOTS for duty as a troop transport. She departed Brest, France, 8 April with her first contingent of American troops who fought so valiantly to make the world safe for democracy. The transport made a total of five cruises from France to the United States, arriving New York from her final cruise 21 August. Kaiserin Auguste Victoria remained at New York for 4 months before decommissioning 23 December 1919. She was returned to the USSB the same day. Sold to the Cunard S.S. Co., Ltd., in 1920, Kaiserin Auguste Victoria was subsequently sold to the Canadian Pacific Line and renamed Empress of Scotland.