(AM-160: dp. 530; l. 184'6"; b. 33'; dr. 9'9"; s. 15 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3"; cl. Admirable)
A loud and continued outcry.
Clamour (AM-160) was launched 24 December 1942 by Willamette Iron and Steel Corp., Portland, Oreg.; commissioned 14 March 1944, Lieutenant Commander D. N. Lott, USNR, in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
Clamour arrived at Pearl Harbor 22 May 1944, and made two voyages as convoy escort to Kwajalein and Eniwetok between that time and 11 September, when she cleared Pearl Harbor for continued escort duty based at Eniwetok. She guarded convoys to the Marianas, adding Ulithi to her ports of call in November, Tarawa, and Majuro in May 1945, and Iwo Jima in June. She sailed from Eniwetok for the last time 10 August, bound for overhaul at Bremerton. On 13 January 1946, she arrived at San Diego, where she was decommissioned 12 June 1946, and placed in reserve. On 7 February 1955 she was reclassified MSF-160.