USS PCE-904, later USS Gettysburg (PCE-904), 1943-60
USS PCE-904 was built at Willamette Iron and Steel Corporation, Portland, Oregon, and commissioned on May 31, 1945. Assigned to Service Force, Pacific Fleet, she operated out of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, and trained Naval Reservists after the Second World War. Decommissioned in January 1950, PCE-904 was recommissioned that November and assigned to the Third Naval District at New York City, New York, and served as a Naval Training Ship. Decomissioned in September 1955, she became part of the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. Renamed USS Gettysburg (PCE-904) in February 1956, she was sold for scrapping on June 23, 1960.
A model of the patrol escort can be found In Harm's Way (Atlantic Section) at the National Museum of the U.S. Navy.
Image: P07928: USS PCE-904, circa 1945-56. Courtesy of the Navy Memorial, Washington, D.C.