In front of the U.S. Navy Museum, overlooking the Anacostia River, sits Willard Park. The park was named for Admiral Arthur Willard, commandant of the Navy Yard from 1927-1930. Willard Park is home to an array of naval artifacts from different eras. The majority are naval ordnance captured by the U.S. Navy. Willard Park also provides visitors and employees with a small picnic area.
Interesting artifacts in Willard Park include: