Calling all LEGO® builders! Join us online for the first ever virtual Brick by Brick Great Lakes event! We may not be able to build in person, but the LEGO® show must go on. Follow along as we build Navy-inspired ships and vehicles. Discover the stories behind the builds. Meet a Master LEGO® Builder and learn his tricks to creating LEGO® masterpieces!
After the virtual event, submit your unique Navy-inspired design for a chance to win a LEGO® Store gift card. Designs are divided into age groups and voted on by our panel of experts. This year, participants can also enter the "Fan Favorite" competition, voted on by the museum's Facebook followers.
Register for the FREE virtual event here.
Schedule of Events
10:00 - 10:15 Event welcome from the National Museum of the American Sailor (NMAS)
10:15 - 10:30 USS Zumwalt build from the Hampton Roads Naval Museum
10:30 - 10:45 Free build at home using your own LEGOs®
10:45 - 11:00 Blue Angels jet build with Snapology Chicago
11:00 - 11:15 Free build at home using your own LEGOs®
11:15 - 11:30 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle build with United States Navy Seabee Museum
11:30 - 11:45 Naval Station Great Lakes Building 1 build with NMAS
11:45 - 12:00 Master Builder Dave Colamaria
Feeling inspired by all of these LEGO® builds? Submit your unique Navy design for a change to win a LEGO® Store gift card. Submit your design by Friday, September 25. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, September 30.
- Children of all ages may participate in this build competition. Submissions will be divided into appropriate age groups.
- Designs must be related to the United States Navy (such as ships, naval aviation, or sailors) or Naval Station Great Lakes.
- Absolutely no pre-fabricated LEGO® kits permitted for the build competition. Be creative!
- Prizes are handed out for first and second place designs in each age group, voted on by a panel of museum staff and volunteers.
- One prize is awarded for overall "Fan Favorite," voted on by the museum's Facebook followers. Parents may opt for their child's design to not be included in this part of the competition. Please note, all entries uploaded to Facebook will include an image of the LEGO® design with the competitor's first name and last name initial and the child's age (example: John D. Age 7).
To enter the build competition, please send a completed Competition Registration Form along with 1-2 images of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 25.
Want more LEGO®?
Build your own Navy ship at home using the build plans created by NMAS' sister museum, the Hampton Roads Naval Museum.
Navy LEGO® Build Plans