(YT-150: dp. 325 (f.); l. 100'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7" (f.); s. 12 k.; cl. Woban)
The dialect spoken by the Mission Indians of southern California; also, one of their gods who, according to legend, died and returned to life as the moon.
Woyot (YT-150) was laid down on 3 October 1940 at Bay City, Mich., by the Defoe Bridge & Metal Works; launched on 18 April 1941; completed and delivered to the Navy on 3 June 1941 and placed in service on 7 June 1941.
The harbor tug soon began duty in the 5th Naval District and served in the vicinity of Norfolk and Hampton Roads through the end of World War II. On 15 May 1944, Woyot was reclassified a large harbor tug and was redesignated YTB-150. Sometime between 1 March and 1 July 1946, she was placed out of service, in reserve, and was berthed at Green Cove Springs with the Florida Group, Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
She was laid up until September 1950 when she was reactivated in response to the increased need for ships occasioned by the outbreak of war in Korea. Initially, the tug was assigned to the 6th Naval District; but, by 1 January 1953, she had returned to the 5th Naval District and Norfolk, Va. There, she spent the remaining 16 years of her Navy career. In February 1962, Woyot changed classifications again, this time to be a medium harbor tug, YTM-150. On 1 July 1969, after a career which spanned almost three decades, Woyot was placed out of service and her name struck from the Navy list. On 7 May 1970, the tug was sold to a private citizen.