(ARD-5: l. 485'8"; b. 71'0"; dr. 32'6" (max.); cpl. 112; cl. ARD-2)
A town in Connecticut.
Waterford (ARD-5) was originally the unnamed, steel-hulled, auxiliary repair drydock ARD-5. She was completed in June of 1942 at San Diego, Calif., by the Pacific Bridge Co., and at the end of World War II was serving at the navy yard at Mare Island, Calif. She remained there until shifting to the east coast to serve the repair needs of the Atlantic Fleet. ARD-5 was named Waterford on 17 November 1976. She remained active, "in service" with the Atlantic Fleet into 1979.